School of Journalism > Home > Voces Oral History Teacher Workshop: April 14, 2018
Voces Oral History Teacher Workshop: April 14, 2018
This workshop is for middle school to high school teachers who want to incorporate oral history into their classes. You’ll learn:
- The basics of oral history, taking your project from planning to the way through to dissemination
- How to evoke better responses from interview subjects
- Ethical issues you and your students might confront
- What kind of equipment you need
Maggie Rivas-Rodriguez, Ph.D., UT-Austin Professor of Journalism; Founder and Director, Voces Oral History Project
Larry Horvat, Information Technology Coordinator, UT-Austin Moody College of Communication
Cost: $50, includes lunch and parking
Eligible for Continuing Education Credit from the Texas Education Agency
To apply: send to email@example.com
- Course(s) taught
- No more than three paragraphs stating your experience in oral history and what you hope to get from this workshop (no experience is required)
Application Deadline: midnight, Friday, March 9, 2018.
Notifications: Applicants will be notified by Monday, March 19.