Dual degree programs are structured so that a student can pursue graduate work in two fields and fulfill the requirements of two degrees. Students who complete the degree requirements for both programs will be awarded two master's degrees simultaneously. To enter a dual degree program, you must be accepted by both individual programs.
Dual Degree Options
The University of Texas at Austin offers the following five dual degree programs with Journalism and Media:
- McCombs School of Business
- Tereza Lozano Long Institute of Latin American Studies
- Middle Eastern Studies
- Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs
- Global Policy Studies
For more information about these programs, please notify the Journalism and Media graduate coordinator and the graduate coordinator in the second program.
How to Apply
Application materials must be submitted to both programs for review. Each admissions committee will review and submit its separate decision. Degree requirements can be found in the Graduate Catalog. When submitting your application, please enter the correct dual major code on your application.
- Business: Major code 624180
- Latin American Studies: Major code 624210
- Middle Eastern Studies: Major code 624240
- Public Affairs: Major code 624270
- Global Policy Studies: Major code 647315